The Anticipation

My junior year ended about a week ago and now summer has begun. This summer I will be interning at Refuge for Women, a non-profit organization that provides a safe place for trafficked and sexually-exploited women. I'm incredibly excited for this opportunity, but also a little nervous. As I write, I am waiting until it is time to go to my orientation at Refuge. I accepted this internship not knowing a whole lot about it. I'm not sure what my weekly schedule will be. I'm not sure what I will be doing each day. All I know is that I will have the opportunity to grow relationships with some amazing women. For a planner like me, this is slightly terrifying. However, I'm learning to trust God in uncertainty. I read Psalm 16 this morning which says,

                                                           "In Your presence is fullness of joy."
                                                                            Psalm 16:11
                                                  Fullness of joy...just by being in His presence.

God promises to be with us and He gives freely according to what we need for each day. I'm expecting this summer to be very challenging, but very rewarding. My task is to live each day wholly unto the Lord and rely on His daily bread to sustain me.


                                                                                                                                    Joy & Peace,