Great is Thy Faithfulness

One thing I forget so easily and am reminded of again and again is God's faithfulness. He is always faithful. Why do I forget that? He is faithful to provide, faithful to correct, faithful to love, faithful to reveal... When I first started reading the Old Testament, I didn't understand why the Israelites were so dumb. Now, I relate with them. Actually, I'm just like them. The minute manna isn't falling out the sky, I complain. As soon as any danger approaches, I fear. I'm so quick to leave and forsake the God who promises never to do the same to me. Three weeks ago, I sent an anxious email to my internship coordinator with all my woes about how I had not found a job for the summer yet. Now, as I write, I have a job, the internship, and an extra job if I need more hours. How did that happen? Certainly not because of me. I've been trying to plan and coordinate everything about my life for this summer and I simply couldn't do it. Then, literally, everything just fell into place, not by luck, but by God's grace. 

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not.
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

Thankful that I don't have to live in the shadow of an apathetic God Whose face is turned away, but I get to glory in the presence of a loving Father Whose face shines upon me. 
                                                                                                                                              Joy & Peace,